Enjoy Comfortable Oral Surgery in Basking Ridge
Not many people like to think about having surgery done in their mouth. However, if you require oral surgery in Basking Ridge, we have a licensed oral surgeon on staff – Dr. Ivan Georgiev. His gentle touch and years of experience mean that your oral surgical procedure will go off without a hitch. Other benefits of having your surgery done at Konstantine Trichas DDS, LLC include:Dr. Ivan Georgiev on an overview of oral surgery Read Transcript
There's a wide variety of ways a patient can keep comfortable. Obviously, the first and foremost is to make sure there's no pain associated with any of the procedures. That always involves local anesthesia. Now, how you receive or perceive that local anesthesia is very different on every patient. Some people have a different experience, background. Some people, like myself, have been beat up when they were kids with different things – root canals, extractions, et cetera. So some people are just scared of what's going to happen because of the experience that they've had. But once they understand that a lot of the procedures, they're not bad, it's just once you get numb. And I like to talk to my patients and talk them through procedures so that they get more comfortable. So there's a way you can get past local anesthesia, so sometimes we can use (inaudible), which relaxes a patient a little bit. We can oral, a pill, medications which relaxes. (Inaudible).
We also have the capability here where we can bring a dental anesthesiologist, where they can actually sedate the patient or even put them to sleep where they don't remember the experience at all. So whether or not they felt the pinches, they have no idea. Regardless, everything is numb, but they don't remember any of the experience. Some patients, because of unfortunate history at the dental office, would prefer that. But again, there's a wide variety.
And every patient is, again, individually selected. And every patient individually picks their plan: “Hey, listen. I'd like to do this. But for that procedure, I'd like to do that.” And we kind of go with whatever they want or whatever they need actually. We have to make sure that a patient, way ahead of the procedure, is informed of what's going to happen. They call and schedule everything. During the procedure everybody makes sure that the patient's calm, comfortable, including myself. The staff and the assistants are phenomenal.
And then the aftercare as well, the staff always reaches out to the patients to make sure they're okay. And then the post-op care, make sure the patient is okay. If there's any issues, any complications, the patients can always reach out to me any time, during the day, at night. I'm a trauma surgeon on call, so my phone rings all the time.
- Advanced dental tools like intraoral scanners and cone beam CT scanners that ensure quick, accurate procedures.
- Three types of sedation to make sure you’re completely relaxed. Choose inhaled, oral, or IV sedation.
- Convenient appointments available mornings, late afternoons, and Saturdays.
- A dedicated team of dentists and staff who sincerely enjoy helping our patients achieve their smile goals and maintain good oral health.
Call us today if you think you may need an oral surgical procedure: (908) 356-6635. We’ll schedule an appointment that fits around your busy schedule.
Put Your Smile in the Hands of Our Oral Surgeon
Dr. Ivan Georgiev performs many types of oral surgery, including:
- Tooth Extractions – If saving your diseased or damaged tooth isn’t possible, we’ll remove it as gently and quickly as possible. Afterward, a custom implant crown can replace the tooth.
- Wisdom Teeth Removal – If these “third molars” are putting your oral health at risk, we can remove them to prevent damage to your other teeth and gums.
- Ridge Augmentation – Your jaw ridge may need to be supplemented with bone and tissue material, either to prepare it for dental implants or for aesthetic purposes.
- Bone Grafts – A special synthetic material, placed on your jawbone, will stimulate the growth of new bone cells. In a few months, your jaw will be strong enough to support dental implants.
- Sinus Lifts – This type of bone graft is used on your upper jaw to make room for one or more dental implants.
- LANAP Procedure for Bone Regeneration – This is the only FDA-approved laser treatment for regenerating lost bone material. No cutting or stitching is needed, and your healing time will be minimal.
In addition, if you need a gum graft procedure to repair your gums, Dr. Trichas’s wife is an experienced periodontist who can perform your treatment and get your gums back into great shape.
Oral surgery in Basking Ridge can be a great experience when done at Konstantine Trichas DDS, LLC. Call us today to schedule your consultation: (908) 356-6635.